Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Who Do You Follow

The other day I was out at the beach
and all of a sudden a bunch of seagulls flew by.
What caught my eye was that the majority of them
were following the leader in a straight line. 
It got me thinking..
"Wow, bees do this, birds do this,
sheep do this, and fish too!"
(I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that popped in my brain)

Which leads me to the question,
"Who do you follow?"
In John 8:10 it says,
Once more Jesus addressed the crowd.
He said, I am the Light of the world.
He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark,
but will have the Light which is Life.

As believers we should be following God,
his word, and his commandments.
But occasionally we fall off track,
like a few of the birds in the picture.

Can you think of what would take you off track
or what would cause you not to follow?
Below are 2 things I can think of: 

1) Rather than following His will, we follow our own,

2) Not waiting for His timing but making it happen on our own.   

Though times we get off track,
all we have to do is meditate in His word and in prayer
 and our loving God is always there to welcome us back! 
In 1John 1:9 it says,
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


Can you think of a time when you got off track, and then you realized it?
What did you do? How did you feel? I'd love to hear it!

That's Life by Kimmy G.

No comments: