Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Watching Your Words

I was inspired so much by Pastor Cathy at the "Watching Your Words" Life Builders Seminar last month that my family and I decided to keep track of all the negative things that we say to ourself or each other in a week. As you can see in my kitchen/dining room area I have a huge wall dedicated to be a chalkboard, this is where we decided to write down every negative word we spoke. And boy did we fill that chalkboard up! After a few days, we were shocked to see how quickly we filled it up and who was in "the lead". I hate to admit it but it was me! I learned that I say a lot of inappropriate stuff to myself, like "dummy", and "stupid". I also learned that even though my family & I joke a lot by saying negative things to eachother, they aren't really nice things to say to eachother. We became aware that we need to change our thinking, we need to think higher of ourselves, and not even allow self criticism to exist! Also that we need to look at ourselves as God does! Another thing Pastor Cathy said was "Our words are like a mist of perfume, once you spray it, your stuck with the smell..so once we say something negative we are stuck with the words in our brains! So this week we are trying to do better and I can already see a difference in all of us! So remember, If God could SPEAK the world into existence, we can SPEAK powerful things into our own lives as well as others!

Proverbs 21:23 (Message) Watch your words and hold your tongue; you'll save yourself a lot of grief. 

Romans 12:2 (NLT) Don't copy the behavior of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

That's Life by Kimmy G.

No comments: