Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Secret Pen & His Revealing

The other day I was reading a new friend's blog and she talked about these little markers that we used as a kid. At Amazon they sell something like them called Spy Pens. Lynn shared how she would often slip away into hidden spaces to sit, read, or write secret coded messages to her younger sister. It brought back so many memories, because I too did that same thing! I had a 2 story clubhouse made out of refrigerator boxes (hey, I lived next to an appliance store!) My clubhouse had plush carpet, and even a lookout hole, for intruders you know? I spent so much time in my secret place and I would write secret messages to my clubhouse buddies, and in return they would do the same. I can still remember the excitement I would have when I seen the message appear!

This simple playtime as a kid was something that I can relate to as an adult today by reading and finding those awesome scriptures that just POP out from the Bible or when God reveals himself to me.

The word “reveal" in the Webster Dictionary means :
1 : to make known through divine inspiration

2 : to make (something secret or hidden) publicly or generally known

3 : to open up to view
 
Some of the ways God reveals himself is through his written word.
He also reveals himself by providing for those who trust and obey him.
God reveals his caring nature when he says that if we trust and acknowledge him, he will "direct our paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

As a  kid I couldn't see the secret message but I knew it was there, as an adult I can't see God but I KNOW that He is there! He has revealed himself in so many ways, but for example recently I prayed for financial help, and we received an overpayment on our escrow (what?)! That's God!

In what way has God REVEALED himself to you?

(This blog was inspired by a sister in Christ, Lynn's blog, check it out if you get a chance.)

That's Life by Kimmy G.

2 comments:

Mariana said...

I love the analogy you make between those secret messages and God. Just perfect!

Unknown said...

I will be following your lovely blog too, sister in Christ... it's nice to know I brought back memories and that you know the one true secret place.