Friday, March 26, 2010

Have you ever done a "People Search?"

If you type "people search" in the yahoo search engine,
the first thing you will find is...
FREE PEOPLE SEARCH-FIND SOMEONE SPECIFIC

That's how our relationship with God should be...
You should be searching to find someone specific... GOD!
Just like God is searching to find someone specific...YOU!   Now let's think about it, If you've ever searched for someone you know that it takes some effort, you have to take action. Sometimes you have to be diligent. I remember one time my dad kept asking me to search for a friend of his from the army, I wanted to find him so bad because I knew it was important to him. I searched day and night, I searched every state, and I made a lot of phone calls. And guess what? his friend was only 45 minutes away! His friend also said he passed by my dads house for many years on a route to his work. My dad was so happy, and all I had to do was SEARCH! You can't just say "Oh, I want to find Janie Smith" and expect to find her. So I use this analogy to show you it's like our relationship with God, when we want to seek God we need to take action and search for him consistently. To search for God you have to spend time with him in prayer. After you find God, you'll want to allow God to search YOU like David did in Psalm 139:1-3 he said,

O LORD, you have searched me

and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise;

you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down;

you are familiar with all my ways.

Yes! Our God knows everything about us, but are we real enough to say "Here I am God, the liar, the cheater, the sinner, search me, O' God, search me and use me." Today I pray that you really allow God to search the real you as you begin to search him like never before. If you feel like you have something you'd like to share to encourage one another please feel free to leave a comment.

This blog was inspired by a friend "Laura" from Harbor Christian Center who was teaching a class last night on "Drawing Near to Him Through Prayer"




That's Life by Kimmy G.

No comments: