Thursday, March 4, 2010

How Far Will You Go?

I was driving to my doctors office the other day and thought about something I have never thought of..

I started thinking about when I was a teenager and a few boys would walk to my house to visit me (must of been atleast 10 miles) Wow! I never realized how far it was! There were times when they would leave my house when it was dark, and of course we didn’t have cell phones then. (But thats another blog)

Well anyways, what the Lord revealed to me through this is...

"How far will you go? How far will you go for the Lord?" "What will you do?"

Most of the time we tend to say, "Oh, that’s too far!" or "Oh, I can't do that!"

Like really,

Is it too far to go to a neighbor's house and take them a meal?

Is it too much to make a phone call to an elderly lady who can't make it to church anymore?

Is it too far to stop and talk to a girl on the streets because God said so?

These boys that would visit me had something in common, they all wanted to get to know me better. Now mind you they weren't allowed in my house so the full extent of their visit was sitting on the porch and talking!

Just like our relationship with God, we COULD sit on his porch and just talk. But when we really want to get to know him we have to spend some real time with him. Starting with conversations (praying), and what good conversation doesn’t have a good listener?

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them,
and they follow me.
John 10:27
We have to be good listeners! As we begin to know Him better we begin to hear Him better. Soon enough that small voice that we once ignored, is now what directs our paths. That's when the real relationship with Him begins. That's when he uses you to share His heart with others!

I once heard that S + N = M

SUPER + NATURAL = MIRACLES!

HIM + YOU = MIRACLES!

In 2 Kings 5:8-10 The story of Naaman, a man with a choice to keep living with leprosy or go dunk himself in the river 7 times and be healed. Was it too much for him to go dunk himself?

Maybe its not for your healing like Naaman, but maybe for someone else's healing or salvation, would it still be too far?

What is it that God is asking you to do, and you think it's too much or too far? I'd love to hear all about it and keep you in prayer. Also if you have a testimony of situation like this post it! I'd love to hear it!

That's Life by Kimmy G.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a mom I would say is it to much to take the time to sit and talk to our children, and really listen to what they have to say? You will be surprised at what they might say. After all that's what God wants us to do, right? God wants us to listen to our children just as much as he wants us to listen to him. Yesterday we went to see To Save a Life and as it turns out my daughter has been doing just what you are suggesting. Without me knowing she has been calling out to God and heard him loud and clear regarding something she was doing to her body. She had been cutting. I was shocked to find out this has been going on for over a year (I was not listening when she tried to talk about it) and there was one person that when she talked to and when she confided in he gave her a clear answer regarding what she should do. She was begging God to help her to stop, but when she was finally quiet and stopped an listened for His voice He told her He needed her help. He told her that she needed to help Him out by stopping the cutting. What a good thing she stopped to listen. Who knows what we are missing out on when we don't stop to listen to our Kids, to our husbands, to our friends, to our God. This is definately something to think about, HOW FAR WILL WE GO?