Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Will you stay outside the gates?

2 kings 7:3-4 (Message Bible) It happened that four lepers were sitting just outside the city gate. They said to one another, "What are we doing sitting here at death's door? If we enter the famine-struck city we'll die; if we stay here we'll die. So let's take our chances in the camp of Aram and throw ourselves on their mercy. If they receive us we'll live, if they kill us we'll die. We've got nothing to lose."

The other day I heard someone share this scripture and it encouraged me so much! It was like the Lord was saying to me, "What do you have to lose?"

I had been struggling with some of the things that the Lord was calling me to do, 1) this blog, 2) twitter 3)vlogs (video blogs) and when I heard Christine Caine quote this scripture, I said to myself..."What DO I have to lose??  NOTHING!

Sometimes we don't do something because we might look foolish, but how foolish did David look with a slingshot when he was facing the Giant? How about Noah..build an ARK? in the desert? Mary, pregnant and no sex? Moses being told to throw down his staff and it will turn into a snake??

God had been faithful all the other times in my life when he has called me to do something, why not now?
So I did it!
I Posted all the blogs I've written on facebook to here. Posted a video to http://www.momtv.com/ and I'm praying to get a live show on that site also!

So, what is it that God is asking YOU to do? What will you do? Will you continue to just stay at the gates and die? or take a chance and do something? what do you have to lose?

Something to remember: Everyone who did somthing great for the Lord, looked foolish! I'm sure whatever He wants you to do will be GREAT!

1 comment:

Netsmom said...

Great post. You always remind me to LISTEN to the Lord. Be aware that it's HIM guiding me. I need to 'hear' Him and not brush it off. I do see my self sitting outside the gate. God, push me a little harder!