Thursday, February 18, 2010

We please him

Watch this video first before reading

After wiping my tears from watching this video I began to think about how much our God loves and supports us.

In Galatians 1:15, it states "But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him."

"It pleased him" We please him! You please him!

Just like the mother in this video she is well pleased. She has been pleased and supportive of her child all his/her life. Just like God has been pleased and supportive of us!

I know what it's like to feel that "im so "pleased with her" feeling" as I watched my daughter take her first steps or to be crowned 1st runner up in a pageant. And isnt it awesome to think how our God has been proud and supportive of us all our lives? How he is watching over us today and feeling so proud. He is watching us take on tasks that are beyond us, but he knows we can do it because of the power that lives in us. So he supports us.

Now maybe you feel like you haven't always made him proud or pleased, and that's okay, in Romans 3:23 it says "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous." It's no different for us as parents, our kids won't always make us proud but we still love and support them. They are our babies! We are his babies!

But if that's you and you feel like you haven't pleased him, START TODAY! Now, that doesn't mean you have to go ski down Big Bear mountain and do flips, just find something you can do! (You know the co-worker who looks sad? buy them a coke, just because.)

I encourage you now to watch this again, but picture yourself as these children, practicing, suiting up, leaping off, standing in proudness, and when that mom stands up...visualize our God..and know that he is Pleased!
Today I pray that you are able to feel God's presence and know that you are pleasing to him.

GIVEAWAY: Leave a comment telling me how you felt watching this video or how your kids please you and you could be a winner of the book, Power of the praying parent". Post your comment before 9pm Friday the 19th.

That's Life by Kimmy G.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was sooo cool! I will always be my heavenly Fathers Child... today He is standing by the sidelines watching me use what has been planted by Him inside of me, He doesn't see my failure, He just sees my potential. thanks for posting this Kim, you are so sensitive to Him and His encouragement!

<3 ya Kris

Debbie said...

As I re-watched the video, picturing myself as these children, my heart was actually beating harder with nervousness. They/we need to put our best foot forward to always give our best to God. If we keep focused and strive hard to be Christ like, we'll continue to please Him! Thanks for posting this Kim.

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.