Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Did You Yawn Today?


By now I know you "yawned". A yawn is a reflex of simultaneous inhalation of air and stretching of the eardrums, followed by exhalation of breath. Yawning is associated with tiredness, stress, overwork, lack of stimulation, and boredom.  In humans, yawning has an infectious quality (i.e., seeing a person yawning, talking to someone on the phone who is yawning, or just thinking of yawning can trigger yawning)

You're probably "yawning" right now!

So what is this blog about? a "YAWN"

The word Yawn dates to c.1300
from Old English 'Ginian' and 'Gionian' meaning to
"Open the mouth wide, gape,"

This morning I was reading and ran across the scripture Psalm 81:10
I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt.
Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.

I thought to myself...WOW! Open your mouth wide, when we open our mouth wide it's like a yawn.
When we yawn we INHALE then EXHALE!

So here goes my visual thinking, the YAWN!

We need to YAWN, acronym: You Allow Words N (the N sounds like IN!)

First of all, we need to allow words, the WORD of God in us, then we can start to exhale them!

After this morning's reading time with the Lord, I know I'll actually think more about "yawning".

You see I yawn everytime I wake up...



I yawn when Im tired...


and I yawn just before going to bed at night.

So from now on when I "yawn",

I'll ask myself and I hope you ask yourself...

As I open my mouth and yawn in bed...
"Did I inhale his words this morning?"

Mid-day when I yawn, I'll ask myself... 
"Do I need a little something from the Lord right now
because I'm getting tired"
and He says He will be my strength when Iam weak.

At night before resting my head upon my bed, and I yawn...
I will make sure that my last inhale will be full of Him,
so my sleep will be so peaceful.

This is just my thought today on a "yawn" be blessed and encouraged in all you do and remember to YAWN! Inhale to exhale all for Jesus!
You Allow Words N (IN!)
 
That's Life by Kimmy G.


No comments: