Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Time to Slim Down - My 5lb or no facebook adventure

After my thyroid removal 2 years ago I've noticed that I'm having a harder time controlling my weight. So last night I decided to give up facebook until I lose 5 pounds! Yes I said, "No Facebook till I lose 5lbs!" I've allowed my daughter to change my password until I do just that...Lose 5lbs!

One of the things I keep thinking about is that my body is a temple, and how in the bible 1 Corinthians 6:19-20  it say's Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

That is exactly what I want to do, honor God in all I do. So its time to rethink some of the things I've been eating and add into my schedule some exercising.

So you might be asking how will I do this? Well starting today I will weigh in with my daughter everyday. I plan on drinking lots of water and watching what I'm eating. Also no soda and no fast food! I will also do my elipitical machine for exercise and maybe some wii.

I will also stand on a scripture each day and today's will be.

Isaiah 40:31: But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.


I'm excited for this new strength, and looking forward to God using this experience for His glory. I'll keep you posted!

That's Life by Kimmy G.

No comments: