Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Toaster

I know many of you were at womens ministry when I spoke about the toaster, but at the time I didnt have a toaster to use for my illustration so I used a really nice silver serving platter but today I was blessed by my walking buddy, Maria Sanchez, she found me a stainless steel toaster! She told me she would keep an eye out for a good one and she did! Thanks Maria!
Now whats the story of the toaster?? okay, you know how God can gives a message in anything right? well I'm visual and he had someone tell me a story and it went like this...

A lady and her husband were fighting, the conversation got heated. Eventually they became more angry, after arguing for awhile the husband left the house and she turned to the son who was in the house throughout the whole argument...She said,"Your dad, is a monster, I can't stand him...blah blah blah...
The son just standing there listening to his mom bash his dad to pieces, slowly turned to the kitchen counter and grabbed the toaster...the mother still ranting on and on about the dad, turned toward her son just when the toaster was in front of her face...her son said, "Mom, Who's the Monster?" In the toaster she saw her face, full of anger and ugliness!

She was the Monster! Wow, is that how she looked when she was full of anger?, how awful, she thought.



In my message I shared and asked all the ladies to pass around this "toaster" and make the ugliest face that they thought represented themselves when they are angry. It was an eye opener for many..

James 4:11-12
Don’t speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters.If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you. God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?

Psalms 34:11-14
Come, my children, and listen to me,
and I will teach you to fear the Lord.
Does anyone want to live a life
that is long and prosperous?
Then keep your tongue from speaking evil
and your lips from telling lies!
Turn away from evil and do good.
Search for peace, and work to maintain it.

I pray the next time you are about to argue or fight that your remember the "toaster"...be blessed as we learn to be more like Jesus..

No comments: