Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Out To the Deep

(photo taken by my friend Kristin Baldonado)

In some of my reading this morning I read Luke 5, and the Lord showed me something I'd like to share with you all...


Luke Chapter 5:1-3Once when he was standing on the shore of Lake Gennesaret, the crowd was pushing in on him to better hear the Word of God. He noticed two boats tied up. The fishermen had just left them and were out scrubbing their nets. He climbed into the boat that was Simon's and asked him to put out a little from the shore. Sitting there, using the boat for a pulpit, he taught the crowd. 4When he finished teaching, he said to Simon, "Push out into deep water and let your nets out for a catch." 5-7Simon said, "Master, we've been fishing hard all night and haven't caught even a minnow. But if you say so, I'll let out the nets." It was no sooner said than done—a huge haul of fish, straining the nets past capacity. They waved to their partners in the other boat to come help them. They filled both boats, nearly swamping them with the catch.

If you notice in verse 5 Simon said, "Master, we've been fishing hard all night and haven't caught even a minnow."

That's exactly how we are sometimes...examples:
1) Lord, I've been doing what you ask me to do, I cant do it anymore!
2) Aww man, why do I have to do that?
3) Why dont you ask someone else?
4) I'm tired, Lord...

and you see where I'm going right?

Simon started to complain but then he said, "But if you say so, I'll let out the nets."

The next part is my favorite!

The bible says that... It was no sooner said than done—a huge haul of fish, straining the nets past capacity. They waved to their partners in the other boat to come help them. They filled both boats, nearly swamping them with the catch.

I believe that God is saying to us today, Go out to the Deep! Trust Him!

Don't bother hesitating because all your doing is prolonging all that He has for you!

Maybe it's not a huge haul of fish, maybe it's not even the California Lottery! But only you and God know what is truly your hearts desire, and in Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

The word delight means: to take great pleasure

It is a great pleasure to serve our God, so if He asks you to be extra nice to your husband today, DO IT!
If He wants you to stop and give to the homeless, DO IT!

GO OUT TO THE DEEP WITH HIM!






That's Life by Kimmy G.

No comments: